You never know when or where you’re going to come across your next favorite recipe. Take Cincinnati-Style Chili for example. It’s a regional spin on traditional favorites (chili and spaghetti), tracing its roots back to Cincinnati, OH, where there are said to more than 250 “chili parlors” specializing in the dish.
We like to think this version, made with Johnson Chili, is capable of winning most anyone over. Give it a try and then consider why it is Cincinnatians are said to consume more than 2,000,000lbs of the stuff each year (according to the Greater Cincinnati Convention and Visitors Bureau).
Cincinnati-Style Chili Recipe
- 1 Tub Johnson Chili (Original or Hot-N-Spicy)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 lb 85/15 Ground Beef
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 16 oz Can Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Worchester Sauce
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 oz Spaghetti Noodles
- Shredded Cheese, Kidney Beans and Chopped Onion for Garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a four-quart saucepan; sauté chopped onion until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned and crumbled.
- Stir in chicken broth, vinegar, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worchester sauce and salt.
- Add tub of Johnson Chili and heat over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While mixture is simmering, cook spaghetti noodles according to package. Drain well.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles and garnish with shredded cheese, kidney beans and onion.
Johnson Chili is made with only the finest meats and seasonings, fully cooked and flash frozen to ensure the great taste Johnson Chili lovers have come to expect. Plus, its organic and gluten-free. Whether you’re trying it for the first time or returning for your next chili fix, we have what you need!
For more taste-tempting recipes made with Johnson Chili, visit our Taste Kitchen. You’re invited to share your favorite recipes using Johnson Chili products. Stay up on Johnson Chili news by joining the Johnson Chili Club.